Looking for the best garden hose repair kit? You are in the right spot!
First, agree with me on this: hoses are probably the easiest things to get damaged in your garden. Since the nature of them are flexible and most of them made of vinyl, hoses could get torn and broken over time.
Fixing these things might look simple, it is only true when you have the best tools in your hand. Otherwise, you would probably end up wasting time, money, energy… and water, of course. We have found 7 best-rated hose repair kits on the market listed below. Let’s jump right in.
Table of Contents
- Top 7 Best Garden Hose Repair Kits on the Market 2021
- In-depth 7 Top Rated Garden Hose Repair Kits Reviews
- #1 Superior RK-26 1/4″ Hose Repair Kit – Editor’s Choice
- #2 Weldmark Hose Repair Kit, “B” size 3/16″ / 1/4″
- #3 Forney 86113 Oxygen Acetylene Hose Repair Kit
- #4 Twinkle Star Garden Hose Repair Connector
- #5 Amgate 4 Sets Garden Expandable Hose Repair Kit
- #6 PLG Garden Hose Repair Kit
- #7 REGNHLIF 2 Pack Garden Hose Connector Repair Mender Kit
- What to consider before buying a garden hose repair kit?
- Why should every gardener have a hose repair kit?
- How to repair a garden hose?
- How to protect the garden hose for longer use?
- Last Words,
*This post may have affiliate links, which means I may receive commissions if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclaimer for additional details.
Top 7 Best Garden Hose Repair Kits on the Market 2021
In-depth 7 Top Rated Garden Hose Repair Kits Reviews
The first 3 products on this list are more of professional garden hose repair, most of them come with menders and connectors of many sizes. The other products are suitable for those who don’t have much of a requirement, which means that you are fine with menders, connectors or adaptors that fit the standard size of a garden hose (3/4” or 5/8”).
#1 Superior RK-26 1/4″ Hose Repair Kit – Editor’s Choice
- 1 – 1/4″ Vice Crimper.
- 2 Oxygen and 2 Fuel Couplings.
- 3 – 1/4″ Hose Brace, 4 – 7325 1/4″ Ferrules and 6 – 3588 1/4″ Ferrules, 12 – 7326 1/4″ Ferrules.
- 6 Oxygen and 6 Fuel Nuts
- 12 – 1/4″ Nipples, 2 – 1/4″ Splicers.
The House Brand Superior RK-26 is a professional garden hose repair kit with serious package implementation. Buying this kit and you will have all you need to repair your 1/4″ ID twin line torch hose.
This kit contains a wide range of parts that would cover your needs. It has two oxygen & two fuel couplings, three 1/4” hose braces, four 7325 1/4” ferrules, six 3588 1/4” ferrules and twelve 7326 1/4” ferrules.
It also contains a 1/4” vice Crimper that helps your repairing practice to be done more easily. The only downside is the crimper is not so smooth and not quite sturdy.
- 1 – 1/4″ Crimper.
- 3 – 1/4″ Hose Brace, 4 – 7325 1/4″ Ferrules, 6 – 3588 1/4″ Ferrules, 12 – 7326 1/4″ Ferrules.
- 6 Oxygen and 6 Fuel Nuts
- 12 – 1/4″ Nipples, 2 – 1/4″ Splicers.
Quite similar to the previously mentioned, this kit is ideal for quick hose repair. The polyethylene case provides common A-size or B-size fittings and also includes a crimper.
The added crimping tool is very manageable and is a “vice grip style” tool. It is very easy to use. The kit gives you splicers to patch broken hoses without having to break them in half or worse.
Brass fittings with corrosion resistance. Just make sure you move and crimp a couple of times for a nice suit.
- (2) B to B hose coupler-RH and (2) B to B hose coupler-LH
- (3) Hose brace and (4) Hose ferrule
- (6) B size nut-RH and (6) B size nut-LH
- (6) B size 3/16″ barb nipple and (6) B size 1/4″ barb nipple
- (2) 3/16″ hose splicer and (2) 1/4″ hose splicer
Established in 1932, Forney Industries is one of the longest-running family-owned metal working goods firms in the United States. They provide more than 5 000 items to the hardware, automobile, farm and ranch and do-it-yourself markets.
The Forney Repair Kit includes all parts expected for the safe repair or extension of most Oxy-Acetylene 1/4″ and 3/16″ hoses. The Forney 86116 Crimper is also included in this pack.
Buy this product and you will get a 90 days warranty. The only complaint about this product is sometimes they are shipped with missing or redundant parts.
- (3) 3/4” male fittings
- (3) 3/4” female fittings
- 3 stainless steel clamps
- 3 rubber rings
The Twinkle Star Garden Hose Repair Kit comes with aluminum adapters and stainless steel clamps. Don’t mistake the color of the product for the material it was made of. The brass look is just a surface oxidized.
The clamps are made of 304 stainless steel to ensure corrosion-resistant and sturdy. The additional rubber rings are very well-thought because they will prevent any potential leaking.
This kit can be used in many circumstances, you can use them to connect a hose to hose, connect a spray gun or connect the lawn sprinkler, etc.
- (4) 3/4” male fittings
- (4) 3/4” female fittings
- 4 O-rings
Don’t let the plastic look deceive you, these things are quite durable. This expandable hose repair kit comes with 4 male and 4 female connectors that fit the common 3/4” garden hose.
This kit is meant to be used in many scenarios, it fits for expandable hoses, hose gun, water tap, and repairs a broken hose. You can also use the kit to expand the hose and DIY projects in your garden.
Since these connectors are plastic, you would have a peace of mind when it comes to corrosion matter. The only thing to care about is the repairing job.
- 1 male and 1 female mender
- 1 male and 1 female adapter
- 1 connector
- 4 clamps
This is a heavy-duty garden hose repair kit that can be used to repair 3/4” and 5/8” garden hoses. It comes with 2 different sizes of fitting and like any other high-end hose repair kit, this kit is leak-free and will stay that way.
Male and female connectors, menders are all aluminum built, the clamps are made of stainless steel. It is perfect to revive your damaged or torn water hoses.
- 2 aluminum connectors
- 4 stainless steel clamps
This kit is quite straightforward as it comes with just 2 connectors with an additional 4 clamps. The kit fits with 3/4″- 5/8″ garden hose and the aluminum build of the connectors allows them to do a pretty decent job.
The stainless steel clamps also play an important part in preventing leaking. Together with the durable build connectors, the whole thing is very easy to install. It can even replace the hose end or the 5/8”.
What to consider before buying a garden hose repair kit?
Obviously, the material is the most important factor when you want to buy a garden hose repair kit. The material determines the durability of the hose repair kit, whether it is susceptible to damage or rust.
Material is also the factor that makes garden hose repair kits more diverse. Depending on the characteristics and needs, manufacturers have researched and manufactured hose repair kits with many different materials to meet the needs of many customers.
Usually, garden hose repair kits are made of aluminum, brass, steel, or plastic, which are also the most favorite kinds of many customers except for the plastic. Those materials are durable, long-lifespan, hard and anti-rusted.
A plastic garden repair kit, on the other hand, is not recommended. Even though the price of a plastic one is much cheaper, it may be damaged within 1 month. Because of the low durability of a plastic garden hose repair kit, a new purchase is inevitable.
Your goal when buying a hose repair kit is to fix the plumbing. If you cannot install it, then fixing the plumbing is impossible. So, remember to check if it is easy to install before making a purchase.
Furthermore, an easily installed and used hose repair kit keeps things simple and saves us a lot of time.
In fact, lots of people have bought garden hose repair kits at home but cannot use them because the installation is too complicated. As a result, they have to buy a new set. This is both money costly and time-consuming.
Durability is the decisive factor in the economic efficiency of a garden hose repair kit. If there is a garden repair kit, which is cheaper but less durable than others, should you buy it? For me, the answer is no. Because you will have to buy it again many times. This accumulates the money you have to spend.
Why should every gardener have a hose repair kit?
A garden hose repair kit will provide you with many advantages.
- Instant repair: Whenever your plumbing hose breaks, you can fix it instantly. You do not have to wait for the plumber to come to your house. With this kit, everything becomes quick and convenient.
- Save time and money: Obviously, fixing your own hoses instead of calling a plumber will save you time and money.
- Take the initiative in the gardening task: With the hose repair kit, you can make everything the way you want. You also do not need to wait or ask for other help.
- Easy to store: A garden hose repair kit can be stored for a long time if you keep it in dry places. Besides, when winter comes, you can put it in the warehouse and take it out again next summer.
- Create a homemade garden hose: From old plumbing fixtures and a hose repair kit, you can create your own new plumbing system.
How to repair a garden hose?
After a period of use, the leaking of the water hose is understandable. Repairing a plumbing leak will depend on its severity. Usually, there are 3 following types:
Mending small leaks in water pipes is quite simple. First, you clean the water hose and let it dry before applying. Next, use a common electrical tape to fix the leak by wrapping around the hose.
One note is to wrap the hose skillfully. The water hose will crease and the tape will not seal if you wrap it too tightly. At the same time, if wrapped loosely, water will continue to flow from the leak.
In terms of leaking spigot, the problem may come from the washers or the hose coupling. Washers dry or deteriorate after a certain time of use, this is most likely the main cause of the leakage of hoses.
So, let’s try to replace a new one. All you need to do is remove the old washer, put in a new one and see if the hose is working properly again.
If a leaking spigot still remains after the replacement of the washer, you may try to change the hose coupling. The procedure is the same as when you replace the washer.
For large leaks, you will need to cut the damaged part out of the hose and replace it with a mender. To make the work easy, let’s cut the damaged part with a sharp blade.
Besides, make sure that the newly replaced part is of the same material as the old one. You can bring along the old section to the shop so that you can compare and find the correct one for your hose material. The specific step to repair a large leak is as follow:
- Cut out the damaged part of the water hose carefully. Handle the ends so that they are as square as possible.
- On both sides of the replacement coupler, let’s loosen all the screws.
- On each side of the clamp mender, insert into the cut end of each hose segment.
- Tighten the screws evenly. Make sure the screws are tightened enough so that no more water leak out from the hose
- Attach the water hose to the nozzle. Turn on the water to check whether the repair connection is fine. If water continues to leak, try tightening the connection for one more time.
How to protect the garden hose for longer use?
If you know how to use and store it properly, the garden hose can be used for quite a long time.
- When not in use and shut off the hose, make sure to drain the water completely.
- You should protect your garden hose from sharp objects.
- Avoid direct sunlight. The water in the hose will heat up and expand, this can weaken the material of the hose.
- Roll spool neatly after use. Avoid kinking the hose.
- In winter, you should clean and dry the hose. Then, store it in a dry place.
- The washer usually does not last long. If possible, let’s replace the washer every spring before you need to use it.
Have you decided which is the best garden hose repair kit for you? Although there are plenty of garden hose repair kits on the market, it’s pretty hard to find the right one. Hope that our list made it easier for you.
Regardless that you are a professional or just a regular user, the #1 Superior RK-26 1/4″ Hose Repair Kit is in my view the best bet. It comes with an acceptable price in comparing what it can do in the long run.