A nice sized grow tent with the best humidity levels is a perfect ecosystem to help your plants grow fast and healthily.
With the help of the best dehumidifier for grow tent, you can control an appropriate condition in the grow tent for successful cultivation. You can also prevent the development of moisture, pollutants, mold, odors, and mildew buildups that can ruin your indoor plants.
If you are finding a dehumidifier for your grow tent or grow room, here are the top 7 that I have found.
Table of Contents
- Top 7 Best Dehumidifiers for Grow Tent 2022
- In-depth 7 Top Rated Dehumidifier for Grow Tent Reviews
- 1. Inofia 30 Pints Dehumidifiers Grow Tents – Best Overall
- 2. SEAVON B083J36134 Small Dehumidifier for Grow Tents – Best Price
- 3. Eva-dry E-500 Renewable Mini Dehumidifier – Best Dehumidifier For 3×3 Grow Tent
- 4. Eva-dry Edv-1100 Electric Petite Dehumidifier – Best for Light Weight
- 5. VAV SEA Small Electric Dehumidifier – Run Quietly
- 6. COSVII Upgrade Dehumidifier – Best For Efficiency
- 7. Waykar 130 Pints – Best Commercial Grade Dehumidifier
- Considerations When Choosing The Best Dehumidifier For Grow Tent
- Signs That The Grow Room Is Too Humid
- How To Size Dehumidifier For Grow Room?
- How To Lower Humidity In Grow Tents Without Dehumidifiers?
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- My Top Pick
*This post may have affiliate links, which means I may receive commissions if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclaimer for additional details.
Top 7 Best Dehumidifiers for Grow Tent 2022
|Product Image||Product Name||Features||Price|
|Inofia 30 Pints Dehumidifiers Grow Tents||Best Overall||See latest Price|
|SEAVON B083J36134 Small Dehumidifier for Grow Tents||Best Price||See latest Price|
|Eva-dry E-500 Renewable Mini Dehumidifier||Best Dehumidifier For 3x3 Grow Tent||See latest Price|
|Eva-dry Edv-1100 Electric Petite Dehumidifier||Best for Light Weight||See latest Price|
|VAV SEA Small Electric Dehumidifier||Run Quietly||See latest Price|
|COSVII Upgrade Dehumidifier||Best For Efficiency||See latest Price|
|Waykar 130 Pints||Best Commercial Grade Dehumidifier||See latest Price|
In-depth 7 Top Rated Dehumidifier for Grow Tent Reviews
1. Inofia 30 Pints Dehumidifiers Grow Tents – Best Overall
- Working area: Up to 1056 sq ft
- Capacity: 30 pints
- Weight: 24.9 pounds
- Upper-Temperature Rating: 95°F
The Inofia 30 Pints Dehumidifier is the best choice for large grow tents and greenhouses all year round. This device can remove up to 30 pints of water per day, which is sufficient to dehumidify the moisture for an area of 1056 square feet.
The water reservoir and the drainage system are two highlighted features that made this dehumidifier the top #1 favorite for indoor plant addicts. The reservoir can contain 1.8 liters of water. When it’s full, it will automatically shut off and audibly alert you to empty it.
If you are too busy, you can attach the 6.56-feet drain hose with the tank to allow the drainage system to work on its own by gravity.
Maintaining proper temperatures is the key to successful indoor cultivation. Even when the room temperature is below 41oF, this dehumidifier can run as usual thanks to the Auto-Defrost feature. This feature helps avoid maintenance effort and also prolongs the lifespan of the machine.
2. SEAVON B083J36134 Small Dehumidifier for Grow Tents – Best Price
- Working area: Up to 240 sq ft
- Weight: 2.6 pounds
- Item Dimensions (LxWxH): 6.2 x 4.9 x 10.1 inches
- Water tank: 800ml
This compact dehumidifier from Seavon is one of the best cheap dehumidifiers that can perform best in small spaces like home basements, wardrobe closets, garages, or grow rooms. This dehumidifier can cover an area of up to 240 square feet (2,200 cubic feet). Hence, it can be used for a 5×5 grow tent.
This dehumidifier is an ideal pick for small spaces since it has dimensions of 6.2 x 4.9 x 10.1 inches and weighs only 2.6 pounds. Hence, you can move it around your house with ease.
A highlighted feature of this item is that it can start to work when the humidity is more than 45%. Its water tank can contain a maximum water capacity of 800ml and can extract up to 350ml of moisture every 24 hours.
When the water tank is full, it will automatically shut down when the light turns red.
However, this compact machine doesn’t work for all temperature levels. Its optimal temperature limitation is between 59 to 86oF. And it doesn’t work at temperatures of below 41oF.
Besides, this dehumidifier model is also not recommended for areas that have high humidity all year long, like Houston (Texas), Jacksonville (Florida), or tropical regions in Asia.
3. Eva-dry E-500 Renewable Mini Dehumidifier – Best Dehumidifier For 3×3 Grow Tent
- Working area: Up to 500 cubic feet
- Item Weight: 1.8 pounds
- Item Dimensions (LxWxH): 5.5 x 2.5 x 5.5 inches
Since I’m an indoor plant addict, I prefer environment-friendly products, like recycled plant pots or the Eva-Dry E-500. This dehumidifier uses non-toxic crystallized silica gels to absorb 6-8 oz of moisture in the air with no leaks and no spills.
This Eva-Dry item can maintain the perfect dryness for an indoor area of up to 500 cubic feet (around 62 square feet). Hence, you can use this machine for your 3×3, 2×2, or 2×4 grow tent or any small spaces like under sink, pantries, cabinets, bathrooms, and so on.
Moreover, this device is 100% cordless, meaning it can work with no cables and batteries. You can hang it in your grow tent, in your wardrobe or cabinet, or anywhere you need to control moisture.
When the beads turn from orange (Dry) to green (Wet), you know it’s time to dry up the silica gels in any power strip until they change their color again.
4. Eva-dry Edv-1100 Electric Petite Dehumidifier – Best for Light Weight
- Working area: Up to 1,100 cubic feet
- Item Dimensions (LxWxH): 6.5 x 8.5 x 5.3 inches
- Item Weight: 1 pound
If you are looking for a small dehumidifier for an area of 1100 square feet or smaller, this Eva-Dry Edv-1100 is an affordable pick that doesn’t break your bank. This machine can fit a grow tent of 4×4, 4×8, 6×6, etc. Although it was released 4 years ago, it has still been recognized as the top pick within a small budget.
This Eva-Dry grow tent is built to last since it is made of high-quality materials that are less prone to breakage or wear out. The water reservoir is made of renewable material. It can reduce musty odors from stagnant air and prevent fungus buildups.
I have seen newer dehumidifiers that run under 48 dB on this list. So this compact model is not the quietest one since it runs on a noise level of 53.2 dB. You can quickly reduce the extra decibels of this machine by properly sealing your grow room.
5. VAV SEA Small Electric Dehumidifier – Run Quietly
- Working area: Up to 215 sq ft
- Item Dimensions (LxWxH): 6.06 x 5.11 x 8.58 inches
- Upper-Temperature Rating: 50 Degrees Celsius
This mini dehumidifier from VAV SEA can cover up to 215 square feet (1200 cubic feet). You can use it for any indoor environment, provided that it is over 40% RH and over 59oF. This dehumidifier can enhance the air quality indoors, thus creating a healthy and comfortable living environment for your family.
It can contain a large capacity of 17 oz. Nonetheless, it’s far more energy-efficient for home use since it spends only 23W/h, meaning 0.552kW per 24 hours of continuous operation.
Besides, this machine uses thermoelectric cooling, which is so quiet. When running, it has an average noise level below 30dB. So you can place it in any area in your house with no disturbing sound.
6. COSVII Upgrade Dehumidifier – Best For Efficiency
- Working area: Up to 480 sqft
- Item Dimensions (LxWxH): 8.19 x 5.9 x 13.27 inches
- Item Weight: 3.97 Pounds
This ocean blue COSVII dehumidifier is a cost-effective solution used in areas with high humidity like kitchens, bathrooms, or grow tents. This machine can effortlessly cover up to 480 square feet, thanks to its double-sized air outlet and its gigantic water reservoir.
This dehumidifier saves more electricity than traditional bulky compressors or desiccant dehumidifiers since it consumes only 1.15 kW per 24 hours.
The water reservoir can pull up to 23-34oz of water daily in an environment of 86oF and 80% RH. Using this machine, you won’t have to spend too much effort checking the water level since it will automatically stop when the tank is full to prevent overflow.
For the indoor cultivation purpose, you should check your plant type and its stage of life to set the appropriate humidity level for it. Seedling/early vegetable requires 70-75%, vegetable requires 50-70%, and flower requires 40-50%.
7. Waykar 130 Pints – Best Commercial Grade Dehumidifier
- Working area: Up to 6000 sqft
- Water tank: 5 liters
- Weight: 67.2 lb
Waykar 130-Pint is the best commercial-grade dehumidifier for grow rooms that is portable and easy to use. This moisture control machine has an elegant design, making it an ideal add-on for your living space or large grow rooms.
This heavy-duty dehumidifier can remove 130 pints of water per day from an indoor area of up to 6000 square feet. Although it’s bulky in size, you can quickly move it from room to room, thanks to the four heavy-duty caster wheels and two ergonomic handles.
The control panel with a digital display on top of the machine allows you to watch and adjust the settings like humidity levels, fan speed, timing, etc.
Since this machine is designed for large indoor spaces with high moisture absorbent demand, it can act as a self-draining system. First, connect the water tank with a 6.56-feet drain hose. Then it will continuously remove water by gravity. Besides, you can manually drain water using its 5-liter water tank.
Considerations When Choosing The Best Dehumidifier For Grow Tent
Type of dehumidifier
Type is the first criterion you should consider when buying a dehumidifier for grow tent. Dehumidifiers on the market are classified based on your working area and the dehumidifying technology.
Based on your working area: there are 3 types of dehumidifiers.
- Dehumidifiers for grow room: They can cover a large growing area but also have the highest power consumption among the three types. Most of them are bulky and not convenient for storage or transportation.
- Dehumidifiers for grow tent: They can cover a smaller growing area of 300-500 square feet and use the same technology as the first ones. Plus, they are smaller and lighter, making them easier for moving around in your indoor garden.
- Dehumidifiers for grow box: Most of these mini-dehumidifiers use no electricity for operation. Their small sizes make them available for tiny spaces like small growing boxes, cabinets, or shoe boxes.
Based on the dehumidifying technology: there are 2 types of dehumidifiers
- Electric dehumidifiers: use electric formula with a voltage of 115V for attaining water contaminants from the air. They can take from 10 to 16 ounces of water per day.
- Non-electric dehumidifiers: use silica gels instead of electricity to absorb water from the air.
Rate of Dehumidifying
You should calculate the required moisture capacity (or the dehumidifying rate) before getting a dehumidifier for your garden.
Large-scale items can attain a considerable amount of moisture daily (18-20 ounces). Yet, they use more electric power than smaller ones that can attain only 8 to 12 ounces of daily moisture.
If you want to move the dehumidifier to different places in your grow tent, you should choose an item with travel-friendly features, like top handles, side handles, rear handles, or castors.
On every dehumidifier, there is always a label indicating its maximum coverage area. Based on that specification, you can pick up an item that best fits your grow tent.
Air Purifying Ability
Apart from moisture absorption, some dehumidifiers on the market also come with an air-purifying service. This feature helps you remove pollutants in the air like dust, allergens, dust mites, mildews, mold, etc.
Signs That The Grow Room Is Too Humid
You can know if your grow room is receiving too much moisture with the following signs:
- Bud rot: If you find your flower buds rotting in its blooming season, there must be high humidity in the grow room.
- Mildew and mold: The white mildew and mold in the stem, leaves, and roots prevent the leaves from absorbing sunlight, water, and air. This is also a symptom of excessive humidity.
- Pest invasion: You know if your grown room is too humid when you start seeing pests like ants, aphids, spider mites, caterpillars, etc.
- Water stagnation: Puddles are another sign of over-humidity in your grow area.
How To Size Dehumidifier For Grow Room?
Determining the appropriate dehumidifier size helps you remove moisture in your grow room more efficiently.
First, calculate the relative humidity (RH) requirement by considering the grow tent dimension. So, if you have a small grow tent, you should choose a dehumidifier with a small RH.
For example, a 4×4 grow tent requires 40% RH, while a 5×5 grow tent requires 65% RH.
Next, evaluate the specifications of the dehumidifier. More specifically, you should consider its pint capacity, cubic feet volume air circulation, square feet coverage area, water reservoir capacity, power cord extensions, control panel features, energy efficiency, LED indicator facility, silica gel technology usage, dimensions, and weight.
Among those specifications, the pint capacity is the most important one, and it is converted from gallon by multiplying by 8. A rule of thumb is that you should choose a dehumidifier with a larger pint capacity for quick water removal and higher energy efficiency.
For example, if there are 40 plants in your grow room, and each one needs 1 gallon of water removal per day, then you will have to remove around 40 gallons or approximately 320 pints of water per day.
For efficient water removal, you need to pick up a dehumidifier with a pint capacity of 370-400 pints/day. If you don’t water your plants every day, you can choose a pint capacity based on the number of times you water your plants.
How To Lower Humidity In Grow Tents Without Dehumidifiers?
Besides using a dehumidifier, there are some other available solutions to lower humidity without using this product. But they are not as effective as a dehumidifier:
- Use an air conditioner.
- Increase air ventilation inside the room.
- Use electric fans.
- Insulate and seal the plant grow room.
- Create air holes to let moisture go out.
- Deploy a Thermostatic-Controlled Block Heater.
For the highest humidity control efficiency, you can use a combo of a dehumidifier and thermometer to control the humidity level in your grow room.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. Do I need a humidifier or dehumidifier for my grow tent?
You should have a humidifier or dehumidifier in your grow tent. Not only can it support the healthy growth of your plants, but it also avoids many problems that arise from excessive humidity levels like mold growth, pest invasion, etc.
2. Will a dehumidifier dry out plants?
A dehumidifier can’t dry out plants if the humidity level is not lower than the required level for those plants.
3. Is it expensive to run a dehumidifier?
Unless you use a dehumidifier with Energy Star certified, it might be expensive to run this device. Thus, you should choose an energy-saving dehumidifier for better cost-efficiency.
A standard dehumidifier has a Wattage of 280 Watts per hour. If the current electricity rate in your area is 15 cents per kW, a dehumidifier costs 4.2 cents per hour. If you leave it to run for 24 hours per day in a month, it will cost approximately $365 per year.
4. What size dehumidifier for a 5×5 grow tent?
If you have a 5×5 grow tent, you should choose a dehumidifier with a pint capacity of 40-50 pints, meaning that it can remove 40-50 pints of water from the air per day.
5. Where’s the best place to put a dehumidifier in a grow tent?
The best placement for your dehumidifier depends on the size of your grow tent, and also on the 3 following aspects:
- Efficiency: the dehumidifier should cover all plants in the area without wasting energy.
- Redundancy: Make sure that all dehumidifiers operate continuously to maintain perfect humidity in the grow tent. For instance, if an item fails, the remaining ones can normally work so that your crop health won’t be badly affected.
- Accessibility: After installation, you should regularly check to know if all dehumidifiers are in excellent working condition.
6. Is 60 humidity too high for flowering?
A humidity level of over 60% can damage your plants in their flowering stage. Thus, you should always maintain an ideal level of 40-50% in this stage and lower the humidity to under 40% in the final weeks of flowering.
My Top Pick
Indoor growers should balance the moisture and temperature and monitor how they affect each other. Excess humidity at all stages of your plant growth can cause problems like mold and mildew.
Among these 7 top-rated dehumidifiers, Inofia 30 Pints is the best dehumidifier for grow tents. This machine can cover a large indoor area. Besides, it offers essential features for your healthy cultivation, like self-drainage, Auto-Defrost, auto shut-off.