Coming home from a long day of working in the fields, reading an inspirational or funny farmer quote will put you in a much more relaxed mood. We have compiled 40+ quotes about farmers and farm life in this article, including quotes from famous farmers or politicians. Let’s read them all together!
Some of our farm quotes come with images so you can use them to post on Instagram or Facebook to share meaningful messages about farm work to everyone.
*This post may have affiliate links, which means I may receive commissions if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclaimer for additional details.
40+ Famous, Inspirational & Funny Farmer Quotes
Best Farmer Quotes with Images in English
1. Proud to be a Farmer
2. If you ate today, thanks a Farmer
3. Being a farmer means shaking hands with nature
4. To those that work in acres, not in hours, we thank you
5. Dirty farmer quotes: “I think that if you were raised on a farm, you were born with dirt in your shoes. And once you get dirt in your shoes, you can’t get it out.”
6. Happy Farmer’s Day. The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways.
7. “Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you’re a thousand miles from the corn field” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
8. “My grandfather used to say that once in your life you need a doctor, a lawyer, a policeman and a preacher, but every day, three times a day, you need a farmer.” – Brenda Schoepp
9. “The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands dirty” – Roland Tiangco
10. God said, “I need somebody willing to get up before dawn, milk cows, work all day in the fields, milk cows again, eat supper, then go to town and stay past midnight at a meeting of the school board.” So God made a farmer. – Paul Harvey
11. A farm is more than land and crops. It is a family’s heritage and future
12. Start each day with a grateful heart… and a tractor… oh, and coffee.
13. As a farmer, you learn quick: “You Don’t get anything that you don’t work hard for.” – Even Thomas
14. In Winter’s chill or Summer’s heat. Farmer’s work so the world can eat
Funny Farmer Quotes and Sayings
15. Acres or inches? Size matters.
16. My Tractor Costs More Than Your Beemer.
17. If you tickle the earth with a hoe she laughs with a harvest.
18. Hungry. Naked. Where Did All The Farmers Go?
19. Fences should be horse-high, pig tight, and bull-strong.
20. Agriculture looks different today – our farmers are using GPS and you can monitor your irrigation systems over the Internet.
21. Old Farmers never die, they just go to seed.
22. Tractor Pulls: For people who can’t understand wrestling.
23. You know you are a farmer when… you go to the tractor on laundry day to get your dirty clothes.
24. “There are only three things that can kill a farmer: lightning, rolling over in a tractor, and old age” – Bill Bryson
Inspirational & Motivational Farmer Quotes
25. “My father was a farmer and my mother was a farmer, but, my childhood was very good. I am very grateful for my childhood, because it was full of gladness and good humanity” – Roberto Benigni
26. “A good farmer is nothing more nor less than a handy man with a sense of humus” – E. B. White
27. “Agriculture is the most healthful, most useful and most noble employment of man.” – George Washington
28. “My grandfather used to say that once in your life you need a doctor, a lawyer, a policeman, and a preacher. But every day, three times a day, you need a farmer.” – Brenda Schoepp
29. “We have neglected the truth that a good farmer is a craftsman of the highest order, a kind of artist.” – Wendell Berry
Famous Quotes about Farmers
30. “Know you food, know your farmers, and know your kitchen” – Joel Salatin
31. “When tillage begins, other arts follow. The farmers, therefore, are the founders of human civilization.” – Daniel Webster
32. “As long as there’s a few farmers out there, we’ll keep fighting for them.” – Willie Nelson
33. “You know, farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you’re a thousand miles from the corn field.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
34. “The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways.” – John F. Kennedy
35. “The farmer has to be an optimist or he wouldn’t still be a farmer.”- Will Rogers
36. “The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops, but the cultivation and perfection of human beings.” – Masanobu Fukuoka
37. “Whether it’s on the tractor or in the pasture with the cows, I just love being able to take my kids to work when I need to.” – Will Collier
38. “Farmers only worry during the growing season, but townspeople worry all the time.” – Edgar Watson Howe
39. “Life on a farm is a school of patience; you can’t hurry the crops or make an ox in two days.” – Henri Alain
40. “A good farmer is nothing more nor less than a handy man with a sense of humus.” – E. B. White
There are many more good quotes about farmers, especially quotes about people in the farmer’s family, such as farmer dad, farmer mama, farmer daughter, farmer grandpa…or quotes about farm animals such as cow quotes, chicken, sheep, pig…
We will update more in the near future in this post. In the meantime, if you have any favorite quotes about life on the farm or about agriculture, please share them right below in the comments.